Primo Summing Right Here!While the convenience and power of DAWs is indisputable, some engineers prefer the sound of analog, particularly when it comes to mixing. That's where the Dangerous Music 2-BUS analog-summing mixer comes in. Designed specifically for the digital audio environment, the 2-BUS allows the full potential of your DAW to be realized by offering the kind of sound quality you'd expect from a classic, large-format analog console - but from a small, 2U device. Assembled by hand using only the coolest mastering-quality parts, the 2-BUS sums 16 channels (or eight stereo stems) of audio to a stereo pair. It lets you run hotter digital fader levels while gaining headroom, spatial detail, and clarity- in short, a killer sounding mix.
Dangerous Music 2-BUS At-a-Glance:
- Hand-built with top-of-the-line components
- Superb sonic performance
Hand-built with top-of-the-line components
Dangerous Music's 2-BUS allows the full potential of your digital audio workstation to be realized audibly. Assembled by hand using the best parts, the 2-BUS sums 16 channels of audio to a stereo pair in a pristine analog environment, preserving the nuance and clarity of your mix. The 2-BUS delivers quality you would expect from a full-scale analog console, but from a small, 2 RU device that was specifically designed for the pro digital studio.
Superb sonic performance
The 2-BUS is a 16x2 summing amp designed to help users of digital audio workstations achieve better mix performance through the use of the existing gear in their studios. As engineers and musicians, the Dangerous team and their colleagues have noted that while digital audio workstations offer unprecedented flexibility in multitrack recording and editing, the resulting mix from these systems generally doesn't equal those of high-end analog recording mixers in terms of sound quality and preservation of spatial detail.
Dangerous Music 2-BUS Features:
- Frequency Response: 1 Hz-100 kHz within 0.2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% in audio band
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.005% IMD60 4:1
- Crosstalk @ 1 kHz: -101 dB
- Crosstalk @ 10 kHz: -91 dB
- Noise floor: -81 dBu total energy in audio band
- Max level: +28 dBu
- Nominal operating level: +4 dBu (1.228 volts)
- Input impedance: 25kohm balanced
- Output impedance: 50 ohms balanced (600 ohm drive capable)
- Gain accuracy: better than .05 dB @ 1 kHz for any gain setting
- Power consumption: 30 watts