Automatic Compression Feature Makes it Easy!The Aphex Model 240 combines elements of Aphex's famous Logic-Assisted gate (as found on the Aphex Models 230 and 622) and the Easyrider automatic compressor models.
Aphex Model 240 Dual Logic Gated Compressor at a Glance:
- Incredibly stable gate operation
- Logic-assisted Gate and Easyrider work in tandem
- Drive, Speed, and out controls and independent or stereo operation
Incredibly stable gate operation
The Logic-Assisted Gate technology rocks the most reliable, accurate, and stable operation of any gate. The patented circuitry is designed to never false trigger, click or chatter. Once triggered, even by a microscopic transient, the gate progresses through its attack, hold and release sequence.
Logic-assisted Gate and Easyrider work in tandem
Unlike most combined gate/compressor devices, the Model 240 is designed to have both technologies work as a seamlessly integrated rig. When the Logic-Assisted gate activates, the Easyrider compressor is prevented from releasing. This avoids the conflicting nature of the compressor attempting to raise signal level while the gate attempts to reduce it. The gain reduction is "frozen" until the gate is opened again.
Drive, Speed, and Output controls and independent or stereo operation
Controls on the gating portion of the Model 240 include Threshold, Attack, Hold, Release, and Depth. Controls in the compressor section of the Model 240 include Drive, Speed (the baseline release rate of the compressor), and Out. Each channel on the 240 may be used independently or the two channels may be linked for stereo processing. A front-panel multicolored LED bar graph meter displays either peak output level or gain reduction.
Aphex Model 240 Dual Logic Gated Compressor Features:
- Two independent channels or stereo processing
- No false triggering or "chattering" of gate
- Seamless integration of gate and Easyrider compressor
- Familiar Threshold, Attack, Hold, Release, and Depth controls on gate
- Drive, Speed, and Output controls on compressor
- LED bar graph meter displays peak output level or gain reduction