Sweet Preamp with Digital Flair!Lots of people have grown to love the sound of the Aphex 107 and 207 tube mic/instrument preamps. Aphex's patented circuitry prevents tube overheating to provide a signal with exceptional presence, detail and clarity. Now the 207 Digital Preamplifier takes all the killer Aphex features and adds 24-bit/96kHz A/D converters!
Aphex 207 Digital Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Digital interface for connection to any DAW
- 2 direct boxes for the price of one!
- One-of-a-kind limiter circuit increases dynamic range
- Awesome sounding 2-channel microphone preamplifier and DI
- Ideal for demanding recording situations
- Improves detail and clarity of live vocals
Incredible sounding 2-channel microphone preamplifier and DI
The Aphex Model 207 is an audiophile quality tube microphone preamplifier without the high cost usually associated with such products. Many users find the 207 exceeds the performance of preamps costing many times more. With a 207 in your setup you'll suddenly hear the subtlety and power of classic condensers, ribbons, electrets and popular dynamic microphones. Even your most expensive microphones will sound better! The 207's instrument ins are also quieter and have more gain than conventional instrument preamps.
Digital interface for connection to any DAW
With the 207 Digital, Aphex has made it really simple to have a sweet sounding preamplifier as the front end for your digital setup. The built-in 24-bit/96kHz digital converters provide outputs in S/PDIF and AES/EBU formats for connection to an audio interface or straight to your computer.
One-of-a-kind limiter circuit increases dynamic range
One thing that makes the 207 Digital so good for DAW recording is Aphex's exclusive MicLim, the only microphone limiter in the world! Drawn from the Model 1100 Model 1788 preamps, MicLim offers up to 20dB gain reduction to prevent overloads - a must-have for achieving max dynamic range without distortion. MicLim makes the 207 virtually crashproof!
Ideal for demanding recording situations
The Model 207 captures all the subtleties of voices and instruments that can be missed by the inexpensive microphone preamps found in many mixers and DAWs. This detail, dimension and space will greatly improve the overall sound of your recordings. With this improvement in realism comes an enhanced presence allowing for easier placement in the final mix. MicLim lets you utilize every last bit of digital resolution for the most dynamic recordings possible.
Improves detail and clarity of live vocals
The 207 can bring anything miked up out of the mix by greatly improving detail and presence. Vocals and instruments will have a noticeable improvement in clarity and depth when switched to a Model 207. Switch Mode power supply offers stable performance even with unstable mains. And the 207's MicLim eliminates those desperate lunges over the mixing console to trim back overloaded preamps!
2 direct boxes for the price of one!
For bass, acoustic guitar and keyboards the Model 207's low-noise, wide frequency response and tube richness allow each instrument's one-of-a-kind character to be captured. The MicLim circuit works on the instrument in also, protecting against overload distortion. Plus, a typical mono tube direct box (DI) sells for about the price of the Model 207 - and you get two awesome DIs plus two killer microphone preamps, more useful features and Aphex quality all in one box!
Aphex 207 Digital Preamplifier Features:
- Two independent, low noise channels of tube amplification
- 24-bit/96kHz digital converter
- Dramatically improves microphone performance
- Dramatically improves instrument performance
- Tighter lows; clearer, up front mids; bulletproof highs
- without edginess
- Super quiet, -129dBu equivalent input noise
- Greater dynamic range and frequency response
- Fuller, more realistic sound
- MicLim offers up to a 20dB increase in dynamic range and is virtually crashproof
- Record hotter tracks with the highest possible resolution
- Microphone & Instrument ins on each channel
- MicLim on each channel
- 20 to 65dB of continuously variable gain - Microphone Input
- -Infinity to 65dB of continuously variable gain - Instrument Input
- Selectable 48Volt Phantom Power with ramp up feature
- Delayed Turn On
- Polarity, 20dB Pad and Low Cut Filter switches
- LED Headroom Meter Display for each channel
- Selectable -10dBV/+4dBu operating level
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" I/O
- Internal Switch Mode power supply