Vintage Sound with Modern Options!Looking for the perfect blend of Space Age tone with Computer Age controls? You found it! The brilliantly simple yet deceptively versatile Lindell 18XS channel strip is just what you need to record with any microphone or liven up and any track. Heck, it does an amazing job of gussying up bass and guitar as well. In fact, with up to 65dB of gain, you can even get great sound out of your low-output ribbon microphones with your 18XS channel strip.
As cool as the preamp is, the real star of the show is the 18XS channel strip's real claim to fame is the Pultec-style passive equalizer. This EQ isn't like your ordinary parametric EQ. It gives you a comprehensive low-frequency band and then two high-frequency bands, one for boosting and one for cutting. That lets you boost one peak while leveling off the rest, giving you both variable bandwidth and resonance. Lost? Don't worry. The main idea is that you can combine these EQ bands in creative ways to make your sound pop. And if you go too far, just blend in some of the dry preamp sound, via the mix knob, and you're golden. Good deal, huh? Get your 18XS channel strip by Lindell from GearNuts.com!
Lindell X18 Channel Strip with Preamplifier and Passive EQ Features:
- A flexible microphone preamplifier and vintage-style equalizer made for the 21st century
- Combination microphone preamplifier/line-level preamp/DI provides up to 65dB of gain
- Transformer-coupled balanced inputs and balanced outputs provide high-quality, low-noise operation
- Passive Pultec-style induction-coil equalizer features a coveted 990 gain-make-up amplifier
- 5-step switched EQ low-frequency boost: 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz +/-10%
- 5-step switched EQ high-frequency boost: 4kHz, 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz +/-10%
- 5-step switched EQ high-frequency attenuation: 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz +/-10%
- Variable wet/dry mix knob lets you blend the dry input signal with the EQ output
- Pin compatible with 990- and 2520-type op-amps
- Output VU meter lets you keep an eye on the mix