A Quadruple Ode to Awesome Compression!
The quality of sound was his every obsession.
Needless to say, he chose the 1046.
With four channels of bliss, songs sounded like "hits."
Our gearhead makes the big bucks now. So here's the question:
Do you need four channels (or two to stereo link)?
Do you want painless great sound, without having to think?
Then trust the dbx pros who made this beast.
OverEasy or Hard-knee - it's a sonic feast.
Hey... let the sound run itself, while you grab a drink!
OK, here's a caveat to our last little rhyme;
We were joking about leaving the PA while you wine and dine.
But the story here is simple, the story is true:
With the 1046 racked up, the band will love you.
And after all, it's your reputation that's on the line.
All in all, the 1046 a NO-BRAINER piece of gear.
It's like having two 1066 units, in just one pair of rack ears.
Plus auto level setting helps you avoid a time crunch...
Really, it's like saving cash, time, and fuss!
So now you can see why the pros stop here.
dbx 1046 4-channel Compressor/Limiter Features at a Glance:
- 4 independent channels of operation, stereo linkable in two pairs
- PeakStopPlus limiting control for setting maximum allowable level regardless of compressor settings
- Switchable OverEasy or hard-knee compression
- Selectable Auto (classicdBx) or manual (variable Attack and Release) compression
- Differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs
- True RMS level detection
- Precision metering of input level, output level, and gain reduction
- Dual True stereo or quad mono operation
- Switchable +4dBu or -10dBV operation per channel